May 2, 2008

Rain, Rain...Go Away!


It has rained on and off this week a total of 27 (probably 30 by the time I finish this post) times this week. There have been big raindrops that when they fall feel as if you've taken a shower to small misty foggy rain that is just plain old annoying because you don't quite know what to do!

Everyone is thinking, "Enough already, give me some sun!" I've got a pretty full plate for this first May Bank holiday including some hip hop dancing, market going (Cabbage and Frocks in Marylebone), garden planting, pub drinking, spa visiting, and plain old relaxing.

To beat off some of these rainy day blues, I headed over to the pre-Saturday Portobello Market and found another branch of the boutique, Appletree. This tiny place is smack dab amongst the famous antique dealers on the southern end of the market. Step inside and I found tons of cute summer dresses with PRINTS galore and some funky accessories inside all handmade and definitely a throwback to the '80's including plastic hairbows, bright neon colors, and even bowed headbands! (Channeling Blair Waldorf!)

Then off to Ottolenghi to google at their deliciously divine sweet treats and real food. I really had no intention to buy or eat anything, but I could feel my stomach gurgling and practically reach out for some goodness. I opted for savoury saffron basmati rice with chickpeas and dill with a spicy aubergine topped with pomegranate. Yum!

Crossing my fingers and praying for the sun to start shining!

No comments: