April 12, 2008

No Babies Wanted

I went out last night to the east end of London in Hoxton with some friends to cap off the week. I love stepping off the tube in the east end because it's gritty with kebab and fried food infused air, and it reminds me a bit of being back in NY. Our original plan: a small bar called Ziegfried's at 6:30, which would have made us ahead of the game in Friday post-work drinks.

As I meandered up onto the square, I saw that Ziegfried's was crowded (!?) to the max with people on their outdoor terrace and to my shock and horror-I had to climb over a baby stroller to get through the young, smoking crowd. Now, people, really? A baby? That poor child suffering their parent's and friend's second hand smoke, drunk banter, and loud music? Puh-lease! Leave your children at home, pay the money for a sitter, and really enjoy your time out! You and your little precious will be more the merrier for doing so!

Just as I was mid-step over the carriage, I got a text pointing me to the Hoxton Bar and Grill instead where my mates were waiting with a much coveted table for us to drink and eat our Friday night away.

No comments: